10 Tried-And-True Remedies for
No More Flakes!
Do you know that even celebrities admit their dandruff problem? As you can see, that is no reason to become shy about solving this embarrassing problem. Of course, it is not a hygienic dreamboat; but it is definitely a common beauty concern all year round. No wonder that you may find the marketed ‘Head & Shoulders’ ineffective anymore. The key thing here is to learn the basics of dandruff problem and put as many treatments to the individual test as possible. Actually, there is a good mix of household solutions, as well as medicated products for dandruff-inflicted subjects. In a word, let’s get into this trouble, from A to Z.
6 Essentials for Everyone
1. Dandruff is a common scalp disorder. This is the result of excessive dead cell shedding.
2. About 50% of people, both men and women, suffer from a flaky scalp in their lives.
3. The condition can lead to hair loss and its premature graying, acne and pimples. That’s why the problem must be treated before getting severe and chronic.
4. Dandruff also creates self-esteem problems. What’s more, it can be spread to others if sharing common combs, hairbrushes, soaps and towels.
5. Getting rid of dandruff is not a rocket science. There are many proven home remedies, which are natural and have long term results. Anyway, it’s up to you, whether to try harsh chemicals in expensive hair care products or not.
6. Dandruff happens with either dry or oily scalp. Thus, which tips in dandruff’s favor depends on each individual.
How to Get Rid of Dandruff:
3 OTC Products vs. 7 Household Remedies
Thankfully, there has been invented a vast array of treatments to choose from, try on and keep this problem under control. Why not simply start from shampooing your scalp with a medicated shampoo, or dandruff hair care products? Here are your possible choices:
- Antifungals work due to active ingredients like zinc pyrithione, selenium sulphide and ketoconazole. In fact, they slow down the yeast growth that causes flaking and scaling. Generally, these products have tough action, increasing hair breakage, interfering with hair colorants and causing irritation.
- Coal Tar Products slow your skin cell turnover and work as anti-inflammatory agents. You need to know that they may stain hair and skin, as well as increase photosensitivity of the latter.
- Salicylic Acid Helpers can boast keratolytic substances, which help to loosen and dislodge your scales. As a result, this may dry the scalp and cause even more flaking.
As you can see, one should use these and those products properly, when fighting any flakes. All reputable dermatologists advise to alternate between 2-3 kinds; leave shampoo on longer for a better job (10-30 minutes); and use a hair care product daily. Finally, give OTC remedies 1 month to show their effectiveness. If any does not make you flake-free, you need another treatment. Here are only the best selected strategies of how to get rid of dandruff right at home with handy products:
- Yogurt reduces the intensity of scaling. Mixed with 2 tsp. of black pepper powder, blended thoroughly, rubbed into the affected scalp and washed in 1 hour, it works wonders.
- Olive Oil is a natural clarifying & moisturizing agent. In a word, this is probably the most admired home remedy for dandruff. Make it lukewarm and apply in circular motions before you go to bed. In the morning, wash out your hair.
- Lemon Juice & Coconut Oil (1 tbsp. + 5 tbsp. accordingly) clear away flakes in 20-30 minutes. Finally, wash the hair with shampoo.
- Vinegar is more than just extremely effective, being rich in potassium and enzymes. You can either massage some apple cider vinegar into your scalp for 5-7 minutes, or add 1 tbsp. of it into the last cup of water when washing your hair.
- Baking Soda is potential overnight. Simply mix 1 tsp. in a handful of shampoo.
- Aloe Vera Gel, left on for 15 minutes, clarifies and repairs your damaged skin.
- Eggs, if applied onto the scalp for 1 hour, will not only bring dandruff-free hair, but give it glow and shine.
So, choose a remedy for dandruff, which completely suits you and keep using it constantly. By the end of all those tests, the problem will be “not an issue!”